Sunday, February 23, 2014

Number 800

I apologize to my faithful imaginary readers for I have recently been forsaking you. I have been posting pictures of beer on my Facebook page instead of posting those photos here. I hope this peace offering will help rectify the situation.This photo is a bottle of Thirsty Dog Brewing Company's
Siberian Night Aged in Bourbon Barrels. Thirsty Dog is located in the world-famous vacation locale known as Akron, Ohio. I was going to go with "tropical paradise" in reference to Akron, but I used that in a previous post where I won a bottle of Thirsty Dog's Bourbon Barrel-Aged Wee Heavy.

I am almost finally caught up on updating my Beer List which now stands at 801 entries. Assuming I can ever figure out which version of Left Hand Brewing's Fade to Black that I had the other day in order to be able to add it to the list, Siberian Night Bourbon Barrel Aged should be number 803.

Working backwards, the 802nd entry on the list will be a draft of Hop On Top from the Lynnwood Brewing. Besides being a stupid name, the Lynnwood Brewing Concern is the relatively new brewery associated with Lynnwood Grill which is a bar in my neck of the woods. I previously mentioned Lynnwood in a very odd post comparing love and bars.

The 801st entry will be a draft of Polished Pilsner from another new local brewery. Bombshell Beer Company is located in Holly Springs. The Raleigh suburb of Holly Springs is also home to Carolina Brewing Company (not to be confused with Carolina Brewery in Chapel Hill but I have covered that particular topic before).

Moving on to a nice round number, Jurata Baltic Porter would be the 800th addition chronologically to the beer list. Jurata is a cross-continental collaboration between Coronado Brewing Company located in Coronado, California and Cigar City Brewing located in Tampa, Florida. (Tampa is nicknamed the "Cigar City.") These types of brewery collaborations continue to increase in popularity. The first collaboration brew that I had was Hopfen-Weisse which was originally a collaboration between Germany's Bräuhaus G. Schneider & Sohn and New York's The Brooklyn BreweryReunion Ale, a collaboration between New York's Shmaltz Brewing Company and Georgia's Terrapin Beer Company, is now on its third annual release.

As I stated above, these numbers all depend on getting the bottle of Fade to Black that I consumed added to the list. That beer would be entry number 799.

No comments:

Post a Comment