Thursday, March 25, 2010

Presented by the Letter 'E'

El and I had sushi the other night. I had a Kirin Light with dinner, so I added it to the Beer List. I noticed that I now had 26 beers on the list, and there are 26 letters in the alphabet. How does that match up? I have the Beer List alphabetized by the brewery, so it's easy to scan down the list. Starting with the letter 'A', I have three beers on the list by the Allagash Brewing Company. I have a Kwak from Brouwerij Bosteels (or Bosteels Brewery in English). For 'C', I have the house red from the local Carolina Ale House and Dos Equis from Cuauhtémoc Moctezuma Brewery down in Mexico. And I have had a very nice pint of Burton Baton from Dogfish Head.

Alas, I don't have an 'E' brewery on my list. What to do about this? Obviously, you find a brewery that starts with the letter 'E', and then find out how to get some of their beer to drink. How to do that? Well, it helps to be dating the queen of the Internets. Quickly after announcing my conundrum, El found Einbecker Brauhaus, a brewery in Germany. As for where to find a beer from this German brewery, she looked up the beer menu from our favorite German and Polish restaurant, of course. They have three brews from Einbecker in bottles, plus Curator Doppelbock from Ettaler Klosterbetriebe on draft.

So now, we have a mission, even if it's just to eat and drink. Heads up letter 'I', you're on deck.

No comments:

Post a Comment