Monday, June 21, 2010

Another Pair of Brews

A bit coincidentally, this will be my third consecutive post discussing a pair of beers. This time, the topic is two brews from Birra Moretti. For those of you following along at home, I try to be consistent with the format that I use for the Beer List. I am not always successful. In this case, the name of the brewery, the brand and the primary beer all share the same name which happens frequently. Birra Moretti was an Italian brewery that was bought by Heineken. Birra Moretti is still used as the brand name for most of their beers, and the flagship brew is Birra Moretti which is a pale lager. It is a very drinkable beer, a standard of the style, but not particularly outstanding.

A bit more interesting was the brewery's second most popular beer, La Rossa which is a dunkel or doppelbock. Although I never posted about it, I have a regular bock on the Beer List, the Spring Bock from the Carolina Brewing Company. I did not, however, have a doppelbock on the list until now. La Rossa is a dark reddish brown color or amber according to the website of the brew. The taste is very malty, but in a pleasant and not overpowering way.

No comments:

Post a Comment