Sunday, May 15, 2011

Gone But Not Forgotten

This is one of those posts where I came up with the title before writing anything. The title seems to be a little morbid to me now. It reminds me of those stickers that you see nowadays in the rear windows of cars that say "in memory of" so-and-so. I find those window stickers to be annoying, but not as annoying as the decals of family members in stick figure form. Except that I do not find the stick figure stickers to be annoying when they are on minivans. I find the ones on minivans to be sad because they are on minivans which are just sad in general.

This post is kind of like those "in memory" window stickers. However, this is not in memory of a person but of a website that has left us to move on to that old bit-recycler in the sky. I found out the other day that El taken down her personal blog site. For this site, it means that all of the links to her site are now broken. It seems that most of those links were for posts about various bits of conversations between her and me that she thought were moderately entertaining at the time. Thanks to the Wayback Machine, I am able to resurrect one of those conversations below. (FYI, "Me" is El, and "Jim" is me.)

Me: It’s <not sure what we were talking about prior> typical that we feel that way, I am usually a glass half full type and you’re a glass half empty type. Maybe that’s why we get along so well, the balance. Although I wouldn’t define us exactly like that…

Jim: Yes, I’m an engineer– the glass was spec’ed twice as big as it needs to be.

Me: And I’m me… if you hold the glass up to a sunbeam it’s full of rainbows!

No comments:

Post a Comment