Tuesday, April 13, 2010

More Beers for the List

Tonight, I finished up the six-pack from El. The sixth and final bottle was Merry Monks' Ale from the Weyerbacher Brewing Company. The Monks is another tripel. This one clocks in at 9.3% ABV but didn't seem quite that strong. It was very flavorful and particularly fruity.

I also have another fruity beer for the Beer List which I have consumed recently. Next on the list is Oberon Ale, the summer seasonal from Bell's Brewery. Oberon is a wheat beer or witbeir or Belgian-style ale (but don't call it "Belgian" unless the brew is from Belgium) or hefeweizen or whatever. Basically, it falls into the category with Blue Moon, Schneider Weisse, Allagash White, St. Bernardus Witbier, and all those other beers that I enjoy. It was no surprise that I enjoyed Oberon tremendously.

No comments:

Post a Comment