Saturday, September 17, 2011

Picture Perfect 2

In a previous post, I discussed beers that have their own glassware. I showed two examples taken from the camera which is integrated in my cellphone. It seems that this might be a new reoccurring topic.

In my most recent post, I finally got around to discussing my trip to Vancouver. That was my first visit to Canada. Prior to publishing that post, I had already made a second visit to the Great White North. This time, I visited Montreal which is located in the province of Quebec. This was a quick trip to visit a customer and a vendor, so there is really not enough to discuss in an extensive post.

While in Montreal, I stayed at the Intercontinental Hotel. One evening during my stay, I had dinner in the hotel at the Sarah B. absinthe bar. I did not try any of the drinks that featured the signature spirit. Instead, I had a beer, Leffe Blonde, which was poured into its own branded glass. Before having a taste of the brew, I snapped a photo of the glass.

Last night, I stopped by the local neighborhood bar where I previously enjoyed Palm Speciale Belge in a branded glass. They also recently began offering Crispin Cider which arrives into its own branded glass. For some reason, the recommended method for enjoying Crispin is poured over ice. I enjoy hard ciders, and I enjoyed the Crispin. The ice does seem to make the cider more crisp. I am looking forward to enjoying a Crispin Velvet which is half a glass of the cider with Guinness floating on top (hopefully minus the ice).

As can be partially seen in the photo of the Crispin glass, my neighborhood bar now has Cottonwood Pumpkin Spiced Ale on tap. I enjoyed the pumpkin ale in a half and half with Guinness poured over top (another common theme). The Cottonwood brand of ales were previously brewed by the Carolina Beer Company which was part of the Carolina Beverage Group. The parent company decided to focus on contract brewing, so back in January, their Carolina Blonde and Cottonwood brands were sold off to Foothills Brewing. I have enjoyed several offerings from Foothills which is located in Winston-Salem, North Carolina. I think this change will help alleviate some of the confusion surrounding the various breweries named "Carolina".

No comments:

Post a Comment